In 2015, the World Economic Forum (WEF) contemplated how the world will be changing as we enter the Fourth Industrial Revolution, fueled by the Internet of Things, or IoT. As part of that effort, the WEF focused on the Top Ten Skills which will be required in 2020, and contrasted them against those which were needed in 2015.
It should be noted that the WEF report focused on the broader workforce, and did not direct their analysis on the commercial management function. As we head towards 2020, Commercial Officers Group (COG) specifically researched those in commercial management, seeking to identify any gaps between the broader WEF target group and commercial management function.
Beyond a few demographic questions regarding industry, function and region, COG then posed two questions:
- To what extent has your organization established these skills to ensure that commercial management is a competitive advantage?
- How important does your organization view these skills in order to attain commercial success?
The COG research uncovered ten findings, including:
- Service Orientation is king for commercial management
- Complex Problem Solving is important for commercial management and all other disciplines
- The requisite effort is generally being placed on the higher priority skills
- and seven other key points
To obtain a copy of the report, please contact Commercial Officers Groups at email@example.com